Monday, October 3, 2011

The Power of the Beard

  Well, fellow blog readers for the last almost month I have decided to stop shaving just for the heck of it and this is what I've grown it into now.




  Yep something isn't it. However, it seems I almost can't even recognize my own face. You ask why have I decided not to shave and grow it out for a bit. Well, there are a couple of reasons.

  One, I just turned 30 almost a month ago and I think since people think that I always look much younger than what my age really is I just wanted to see how I would look if I grew one. Hopefully, having this beard grown would make people take me a little bit more seriously and think I'm not just a boy but a man and by seeing me have one it would do so.
  Another reason is the fact that by turning 30 being a milestone in my life I feel as if I haven't accomplished anything yet in when I came to this age. I'm not married, engaged, or even seeing anybody right now :( also I'm still renting instead of owning, and I feel as if I want to earn a little more in my work. Pretty much not a whole lot of motivation right now except for running the half marathon in C-bus as part of the Full in less than 2 weeks. Since I also am not dating anyone that would tell me to shave so why not grow the beard. I dunno since growing the beard I would like ladies to know I am confident in how I look for a bit and not a chicken to let them know how I feel. Specially when it comes to this clip from Arrested Development.




(Great show by the way and its coming back with 10 episodes that will lead to a movie if you haven't heard.)

  But, back to the blog. One more reason for the beard may be the fact I'm trying to grow it in to get ready for my Halloween Costume. Many of you know I know a lot about Professional Wrestling as embrassing as it is. Don't watch it as much as I did when I was a kid and a teenager but pay attention a little bit now. Since I went as The Ultimate Warrior last year I now want to try to go as a different Professional Wrestler almost every year for Halloween. I figure it be the closest thing to being one. As since this year in honor of his tragic death I am going as "Macho Man" Randy Savage.



OOOOOOO YEAH!!!! That's what he say.


But, trying to be a little more taking risk and maybe showing some maturity is a good way that I am growing the beard. I'll probably shave it off before the half marathon in less than 2 weeks and grow it slightly back for my Halloween Costume. Who knows maybe I'll keep it for the winter. Kind of like what Rocky did in Rocky IV when he fought the Russian.


So growing the beard and training is my way of preparing for a race it seems. I'll let you know when I decide to shave it. I'm D-Money that's my two cents and I'll leave you all with some famous people with beards


Jim Jurevich (Co-Owner of Columbus Running Company)

Jesus (Our Lord and Savior)

Abraham Lincoln


Zach Galifiankis

Chuck Norris (of course)


Tom Hanks in Castaway


Conan O'Brian


Brad Pitt


Brian Wilson (closer for the SF Giants)


Billy Mays


Grizzly Adams


Gandolf from Lord of the Rings

Jim Morrison (Lead singer of the Doors)


Joaquin Phoenix


Santa Claus

Jack Black

MMA Figher Kimbo Slice


Willie Nelson


Chaz Bono


ZZ Top

And Last but defintely not least........................

Rosie O'Donnell

No comments:

Post a Comment