Saturday, December 22, 2012

My Airing of Grievances

 

    That's right. It's Festivus. Time to get out you metal pole, strenghen up for the feast of strength and most of all get all of you're aggrestions out with the airing of grievances. Now maybe it's just me it's just me and I had a few Great Lakes Christmas Ale's right now typing this but now right now I have just a few grievances I need to get off my chest right now. I feel like CM Punk and his promo against John Cena and the wrestling business last year.


  I feel as if people do not think I'm smart as they think I am. Just because I have a learn differently than others does not make me stupid. I recently volunteered for research as a test patient for medical students at Ohio State University Medical Center as part of this research on how people can deal with Asperger's Syndrome better since I myself have Asperger's Syndrome. I must say it was the training and experience was pretty fulfilling to me and I told them I would be open for anything else down the road. Yet, I just feel my quietness at work sometimes makes everyone at my job perceive me as cocky or yet different or not out spoken at times to what is going on. I want everyone to know I tend to pick and choose my own battles and maybe it perceives me as different or to others there in the section I work in they perceive me as different since I tend to live a different lifestyle then many of them do.

Don't get me wrong I get along with many of the people that I work  with and those in other sections that I'm friends with as well but sadly I don't see those people as much and the others I see more often aren't as positive as my friends there at work.  I tend to feel I'm stuck where I'm at in Accounts Payable and they want certain people on a production but I want to get out and learn more even if it's the same pay I'm making right now I still want to learn more. It's the main reason of looking at getting my personal trainer's license this coming winter.

Change can be good for the soul. Right now there is some reorganization going on in my line of work but I feel I need to work my resume a little bit better to what they want so I can get a pay raise or get interview but in a sense I would lose a little bit of my morals along the way. I take pride in the job I do by paying the military and working for my country but lately the DFAS has not my opinion supported those people whom given their hard work and sacrifice especially to those folks working in my section for work almost as hard as me. Sometimes when you don't get recoginized too much it can be demoralizing for a group of employees.

I tend not focus on the negative. I feel at home or a lot more positive when I'm with family, friends, church friends, running friends, and those at work who are my friends that try to be a lot more positive like me and you know who you guys are if you read my blog.

I'm sorry if I offend anybody with my rambling drunkness I got going on this blog I've had a few beers slow weekend and my Buckeyes just lost to Kansas in Basketball. 95% of my stress has always came from that place.

Though there have been some positive things that have happened this year. I met some new years goals, met new people and conquered some personal demons. Yet, I feel I have a little bit more to go. A little bit of criticism from the people I love would help so much on how I would become better in order to become the person I want to be.

In fact, as crazy as it sounds that's what "The Airing of Grievances" is for. Not to bash others for faults but to point out to make themselves rise up and be better. Because isn't that what it's all about?

I hope you all have a MERRY CHRISTMAS, a HAPPY FESTIVUS, and a HAPPY NEW YEAR. Also, keep me level headed and pointed in the right direction and I hope you all know I would do the same for you all as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment