Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What to do over Lent


 This past Wednesday is the beginning of the Lenten season. As you know I like to put up links to explain things much better so here is what Lent is about.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lent

Pretty much Lent is the season of 40 days from Ash Wednesday to Holy Thursday where Christians prepare to observe Good Friday during which Jesus was cruicified and on Easter Sunday he was resurrected and rose into Heaven.

  Many Christians I know use Lent to make themselves better by giving up things or terrible habits such as sweets, fats, meat or even Facebook. I'm sorry I can't give those up it would be hard for me to do so. Especially since I like to get my protein from meat during my training periods. Facebook, yeah I could do that but sadly Facebook, Twitter, and other means of Social Media have become our norm. I probably won't check it as often but I like to post some things such as links to my blog!! heh heh.

  Now, you're probably saying well Dustin you're not being a good Christian by practicing Lent. Heh, noboby is perfect. We try to be better but I believe there could be other ways to celebrating Lent without giving up anything. For example taking up good habits and try to use them throughout the year. I've been trying to follow through with my New Years' Resolution now for almost the last 2 months. In fact, how's your New Year's Resolution doing.

  Another thing I have learned over one of my last bible studies just recently and I know a few Facebook Friends are doing is to honor those who have shaped your life. Thank those who have mentored or influenced you in some sort of way or another. It's good to let them know how they have made a impact on your life.

  Whatever you plan to do if you haven't done it already this first week, then plan to give a little more of yourself to others. That's what I'm trying to do everyday. Who knows you may feel good about yourself as well.

I'm D-Money and that's my Two Cents!!

No comments:

Post a Comment