Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Death and Return of Superman


I'll post a blog about Post Super Bowl thoughts this weekend. Plus I might have another about the mystery of why we have a Valentine's Day holiday.

Anyway I saw this video on YouTube. It's 17 minute long commentary/parady like video that was made and done by Max Landis (who if all don't know is the son of filmmaker John Landis, the guy that has done AnimalHouse, the Michael Jackson "Thriller" music video and other things.) Anyway, Max Landis is this funny video goes into the debacle back in the early 1990's of D.C. Comics trying to increase it sales thinking that people don't care about Superman anymore, so they decide to kill him off.

It makes the character popular again and they then bring him back and it's funny with all of these theories and comic book characters involved. Landis thinks it pretty much changed the comic book industry mostly for the bad since D.C and Marvel comics killed off but brought back many superheros and villians after the whole Superman death thing.

 Anyway, I'm a huge fan of Superhero movies I like a lot of them. But I would have to say the best superhero movies I've seen involve Superman, Spiderman, and Batman (I'm not including Batman & Robin that movie stunk like poop :P )

 I hope you enjoy this 17 minute parady video and it includes appearances from celebrities such as Elijah Wood, Mandy Moore, and Simon Pegg.

No comments:

Post a Comment