Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Motivation towards Boston

  Hello, everyone. Today I'm just going to share a little bit of my last week prep for The Boston Marathon which is now coming up this Monday. One of the things that has keep me motivated of course has been listening to music that would pertain to a group that not only comes from Boston but pertains to the attitude or spirit of the city. I had to look no further than one of my favorite groups. THE DROPKICK MURPHYS!!!



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPC0kTWaE7I  Video for Warrior's Code.
That song is about Micky Ward,  a boxer from the city of Lowell Massachusetts just Northwest of Boston, in which the movie The Fighter is based on. Starring Mark Wahlberg, Christian Bale, and Amy Adams. Great movie, good motivation too to watch leading up to Boston Marathon.

Been watching others as well. Like Cinderella Man, that one is a tear jerker to me, call me a pansy if you will but I bet there are movies that just make you cry. I have others, Chariots of Fire, Rocky, and The Natural. I just like Sport Movies that feature an athlete that goes through so much and truimpths at the end. It realtes a little bit to me and can to anyone. Of course I still love the funny ones like the classics like Caddyshack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg8lSyGavc4

IT'S IN THE HOLE!!! IT'S IN THE HOLE!!! Vintage Bill Murray right there. One of my top 10 most funniest movies of all time. I think when Hangover Part II gets closer I'll post my top ten funniest movie lists.

But back to this post. I'm just trying to go through everyday as usual just before it comes time to fly out. Getting jitterly since it's getting to that time and I'm easing on the mileage, getting my to do list, and what to bring, and trying to be prepared for the worst conditions possibly. Might have to get arm warmers if the occasion calls for it.

As for now, just going to be still chilling with some movies, and listening to some Dropkick Murphys until then. Listening to the Murphys makes me want to watch Boondock Saints or The Departed, two Boston based movies that I recommend.

My next blog is going to come from the heart. I'll post it before I leave for Boston. It is a must read and I appreciate it if you did. You get a better idea of me in a sense.

I'm D-Money and I'll be Shipping Up To Boston soon!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-64CaD8GXw

1 comment:

  1. So excited for us! It will be a great day to be a Muskie! Can't wait to read your next post!

    ReplyDelete