Friday, July 6, 2012

Be a Real American!!



Since that whole weekend of no power and staying 2 nights at friends house and a little bit more in my electric less apartment (I truly need to get a place of my own but wanna find a wife to share it with me  :( ), the heat in that place taken the energy out of my sails for the weekend and beginning of this week in order to start my marathon training for Columbus, and I also hurt my lower back and it has been stiff mostly these past few days. All of those events and a little bit lonely these past couple of days even though there have been a few people that reached out to me.
I have some personal goals set for myself not only in running but in my work life and especially my social life. If I don’t meet a little bit of them I feel as if I’m not only failing my family and friends but I’m failing myself. After spending a little bit of time feeling sorry for myself again, feeling a little alienated after finally getting my power back I just wanted to relax and do what I always do when I feel a little down.
WATCH OLD SCHOOL PRO WRESTLING  VIDEOS on YOUTUBE!!!
Ok, you may all laugh but I love pro wrestling. My goal for every Halloween is to dress up as a pro wrestler. This year I always want to hear suggestions of which wrestler I should go as and I’ll make it happen. Anyway, I’m watching some videos whenever it may be promos by some wrestlers that can get you jacked up like STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN!!




Or just make you think like Mick Foley



Or inspire you to do better like Dusty Rhodes



The hard times promo is without a doubt one of the best promos of all time, IF U WILLLLLLLLL, Little impersonation. After all he is the American Dream!!



His theme music sounds like a campaign song for a presidential candidate. One of the videos I watched before was one from the Ultimate Warrior. He’s the faced paint wrestler that I dressed up for Halloween in 2010. He wasn’t a great wrestler but he had a lot of energy and could entertain with his rope shaking and his out of this world promos.



Well, to sum it up. He become a motivation speaker and legally changed his name to Warrior. Crazy, huh??!! He and Hulk Hogan have had a personal feud for years even after they both wrestled each other two times in the 90’s once at Wrestlemania 6 in 90 and the other in 1998 when both of them were in WCW.  Anyway almost a year ago the Warrior posted in his personal video blog that he would expose Hulk Hogan for the person that he is. The video is right below. This is only a 7 minute clip since I don’t think you all have time to watch almost 50 minute video of him exposing Hulk Hogan. This basically has him bashing what he has done in the wrestling industry to hold guys back from rising in the main event, taking drugs , and not practicing what Hogan preached, and having his family become destroyed.



Heh, I admit the Warrior is crazy. I’m not talking good crazy like some of us can be when it comes to certain habits that make us different from everybody else. I’m talking CRAZY-CRAZY. Hulk Hogan is too. But, it got me thinking after watching his 50 minute video. Towards the end after bashing Hogan the Warrior wanted to instill positive energy to others and encouraged it towards his fans. This has got me thinking to do the same thing. I want to instill positive energy among everyone around me including my CRC teammates, friends and family. For the next 15 weeks I’m going to live out the commandments of HULKAMANIA to get ready for the Columbus Marathon. I know Hulk Hogan didn’t live up to them so I will.
1.) Train (That’s a definite right there)
2.) Say your prayers (Also a must. Have faith to believe God is heading you the right direction)
3.) Take your vitamins (This does not include steroids like many of those wrestlers use. I’m talking about just basic everyday vitamins we use. Like a One Source everyday energy for active people, fish oil or any other B vitamins. Energy supplements are ok.)
4.) Eat right (Yep that’s important too. Fruits, vegetables, whole grains, protein, energy gels, water, electrolytes, the whole nine yards.)
5.) Believe in yourself and those around you. (Definitely important especially if you are training for a marathon this fall. Run with those with the same goals and given the same intensity. Encourage one another along the way.)


Well, now after reading this I’m pumped now to go back out there and start over again my beginning of my training. A couple of things kind of got this week off to a bad start but S*** happens it’s how you deal with it and now I’m ready to tackle it. I want everybody else who is running the marathon to become REAL (hard working) AMERICANS this summer/fall. I’m pumped, BROTHER!!! (That’s what Hulk Hogan calls everybody probably the ladies too, LOL)

That’s my 2 cents!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment